The Bear Cub Athletic Trust (familiarly called the BCAT), was formed in 1995 as a committee under the auspices of the Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC) Foundation. The organization drew together Bear Cub boosters, SRJC coaches, other college employees, and alumni to assist the SRJC athletic programs in various capacities such as fundraising and volunteer support.
Funds have been raised to support of the various SRJC athletic programs including to:
- support the purchase of state championship rings for the student athletes;
- purchase equipment for sports teams and athletic training room;
- assist with costs associated with hosting tournaments, meets and state play-offs;
- fund the Fall and Spring Award banquets for student athletes.
Since its inception, BCAT committee members have volunteered countless hours supporting athletic program activities and events. These activities include:
- hosting hospitality rooms for visiting coaches and officials at play-offs and tournaments;
- setting up, running and supervising gate and concession operations;
- promoting merchandise sales at home games;
- planning and staffing events which include the annual Hall of Fame Dinner, the SRJC Golf Tournament, the Community Classic football game and the Fall and Spring Athletic Awards Banquets for SRJC student athletes.
Under the guidance of current chair, Brian Marvin, the BCAT looks forward to an active year of providing annual fund-raising activities and helping where needed within the department. If you are interested in learning more, contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org.